______________________________________________
~The Wonderful World of International Adoption~
______________________________________________

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Katelin's 1st Birthday!
Katelin (Lin Ji Rui) is celebrating her first birthday today! I wish we could celebrate this special day together. I know in my heart we will celebrate all her life's accomplishments and birthdays in the years to come, and this is a wonderful feeling. But today, I also think about her birth mother and wonder what she must be feeling. So today I also pray for Katelin's birth mother. As a mom, it breaks my heart to imagine the pain, sorrow, and heartache Lin Ji Rui's mother must have felt as she left her child a year ago.

My wish for Katelin as she celebrates her 1st Birthday is to receive the love and care she needs from her foster care family until we can be united with her in China.

Happy Birthday Katelin! We love you!

Note: Yesterday, I received some additional information on Katelin. She was brought to the Yulin City Orphanage on September 20, 2006. There wasn't a note left with her to indicate her actual birth date. The orphanage doctors estimated Katelin's birthday as September 18, 2006.

No comments: